Dr. J.K.B.C. Parthiban is a consultant Neurosurgeon with expertise in Microsurgery. After obtaining his M.B.B.S in 1983, he joined the Neurosurgery unit in 1985 as a special trainee and graduated as Neurosurgeon in 1991 from Madurai Medical College, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamilnadu, India.
- In 1992 - Acquired Super Speciality Advanced Training in Spinal Surgery under Prof. P.S. Ramani, Bombay.
- In 1995 - Obtained Fellowship Training in Micro Neurosurgical procedures and Research work at Fujita Health University, Japan, under Prof. Kanno.
- Training in Stereotactic Neurosurgery:
- In 2000 at Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu.
- In 2001 at King Edward Memorial Hospital & Seth G.S Medical College, Mumbai, Maharastra.
Started Fellowship-Training program in spine surgery for young Orthopaedic and Neurosurgeons.
Introduced Minimally Invasive Stereotactic Neurosurgery with CRW, Radionic system for brain surgeries and Micro Endoscopic lumbar discectomy in spine surgery
Established a Microsurgery training lab to propagate the value of microsurgery in spinal surgery among young Ortho and Neuro surgeons.
Published around thirty scientific papers on spine and its disorders in various peer reviewed journals and actively participates in scientific conferences, workshops on spinal surgery and live demonstration of techniques in spinal surgery.