Laminectomy Surgery in Bengaluru, India at specialized hospitals under trained experts
Why choose Laminectomy Surgery Hospitals in Bengaluru, India?
- Laminectomy Surgery in Bengaluru, India is one of the best options because it is available at specialized hospitals under trained experts.
- Thousands of international patients come to Bengaluru, India every year for surgeries and medical treatments and then enjoy their recuperative holidays.
- Laminectomy Surgery in Bengaluru, India is available at world class hospitals and specialized multi specialty health centers providing expertise of trained experts at an affordable price. India has one of the best qualified professionals in the medical field, and this fact has now been realized the world over.
- Regarding Medical Facilities, India has the most competent doctors and world class Medical Facilities.
What is Laminectomy Surgery?
- Laminectomy surgery for preservation of vertebral bone called the lamina.
- Laminectomy surgery is a spine operation to remove the portion of the vertebral bone called the lamina. The traditional form of Laminectomy surgery (conventional Laminectomy) excises much more than just the lamina, the entire posterior backbone is removed, along with overlying ligaments and muscles.
- The usual recovery period is very different depending on which type of Laminectomy has been performed - days in the minimal procedure and weeks to months with conventional open surgery.
- The lamina is a posterior arch of the vertebral bone lying between the spinous process, which juts out in the midline, and the more lateral pedicles and transverse processes of each vertebra. The pair of laminae, along with the spinous process, makes up the posterior wall of the bony spinal canal.
- Although the literal meaning of Laminectomy is excision of the lamina, the operation called conventional Laminectomy, which is a standard spine procedure in neurosurgery and orthopedics, removes the lamina, spinous process and overlying connective tissues and ligaments, cutting through the muscles that overlie these structures.
- Minimal Laminectomy is a tissue preserving surgery that leaves the muscles intact, spares the spinal process and takes only one or both lamina.
- Laminectomy is removal of a mid-portion of one lamina and may be done either with a conventional open technique or in a minimal fashion with the use of tubular retractors and endoscopes.
What is Laminectomy Surgery for Spinal Stenosis?
- Spinal Stenosis is the single most common diagnosis leading to any type of spine surgery, and Laminectomy is a basic part of its surgical treatment.
- The lamina of the vertebra is removed or trimmed to widen the spinal canal and create more space for the spinal nerves and Thecal sac. Surgical treatment that includes Laminectomy is the most effective remedy for severe spinal Stenosis, however most cases of spinal Stenosis are not severe and do not require surgery.
- When the disabling symptoms of spinal Stenosis are primarily neurogenic claudication, and the Laminectomy is done without spinal fusion, there is generally a very rapid recovery with excellent long term relief.
- However, if the spinal column is unstable, and fusion is required, there is a recovery period of months to more than a year, and relief of symptoms is less likely.
- The first Laminectomy was performed in 1887 by Dr. Victor Alexander Haden Horsley, a professor of surgery at the University College London. He was lauded for his breakthrough procedure.
- A common type of Laminectomy performed to permit the removal or reshaping of a spinal disc as part of a lumbar discectomy. This is a treatment for a herniated disc, bulging or degenerated disc.
How Laminectomy Surgical Procedure is performed?
- The lumbar Laminectomy (open decompression) differs from a microdiscectomy in that the incision is longer and there is more muscle stripping. First, the back is approached through a two-inch to five-inch long incision in the midline of the back and the left and right back muscles (erector spinae) are dissected off the lamina on both sides and at multiple levels.
- After the spine is approached, the lamina is removed (Laminectomy) which allows visualization of the nerve roots
- The facet joints, which are directly over the nerve roots, May then be undercut (trimmed) to give the nerve roots more room. Post-operatively, patients are in the hospital for one to three days, and the individual patient's mobilization (return to normal activity) is largely dependent on his/her pre-operative condition and age.
- Directly following a Laminectomy for lumbar Stenosis, patients are encouraged to walk. However, it is recommended that patients avoid excessive bending, lifting or twisting for six weeks after Stenosis surgery in order to avoid pulling on the suture line before it heals.
- The success rate of a lumbar Laminectomy to alleviate pain from spinal Stenosis is generally favorable.
- The success rate of a lumbar Laminectomy to alleviate pain from spinal Stenosis is generally favorable.
- Following spinal Stenosis surgery, approximately 70% to 80% of patients will have significant improvement in their function (ability to perform normal daily activities) and markedly reduced level of pain and discomfort associated with spinal Stenosis
What are the Post Surgery Results of Laminectomy Surgery?
- In most known cases of lumbar and thoracic Laminectomy, patients tend to reoccur pain or spinal Stenosis for a period of 1–1.5 years, and tend to recover very slowly.
- According to a World Health Organization census in 2001, most patients who had undergone lumbar Laminectomy recovered normal functioning a year after their operation.
- Back surgery can relieve pressure in your spine, but it's not a cure-all spinal Stenosis treatment.
- You may have considerable pain immediately after the operation, and you might continue to have pain for a period of time.
- For some people, recovery can take weeks or months and may require long-term physical therapy.
- Surgery does not stop the degenerative process, and symptoms may return — sometimes within just a few years.
Which are the Top Cervical Spine Surgery Hospitals in Chennai, India?
- In recent years, India has emerged as a medical hub for patients looking for affordable, accessible and efficient low cost Cervical Spine Surgery Treatment.
- Some of the most coveted Cervical Spine Surgery hospitals in the world are found in Chennai, India. The city is known for offering advanced medical facilities at the most reasonable cost.
- Few of the Top Cervical Spine Surgery Hospitals in Chennai, India are as follows -
Why consider Laminectomy Surgery Hospitals in Bengaluru, India?
- Laminectomy Surgery in Bengaluru, India is performed by spine surgeons who have tremendous experience in their field.
- Various Spine Surgeries in India are performed under the supervision of Spine Surgeons who have extensive experience in major surgical procedures.
- Laminectomy Surgery in Bengaluru, India is available at hospitals that offer a full complement of surgical as well as physiotherapy services exclusively to International patients combined with their post – discharge recuperative holidays.
Kindly fill up the form for a free opinion from our expert team. We shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India's best Surgeons and best hospital in Bengaluru, India. NO CHARGES LEVIED.
Special ALL SERVICES INCLUSIVE Packages available : - Post a Query
Which are the Top Specialized Laminectomy Surgery Hospitals in Bengaluru, India?
- In recent years, India has emerged as a medical hub for patients looking for affordable, accessible and efficient low cost Laminectomy Surgery Treatment.
- Some of the most coveted Laminectomy Surgery hospitals in the world are found in Bengaluru, India. The city is known for offering advanced medical facilities at the most reasonable cost.
- Few of the Top Specialized Laminectomy Surgery Hospitals in Bengaluru, India are as follows -
Fortis Hospital Bengaluru
- Fortis hospital Department of Neurology is committed to integrating their exceptional medical expertise, technology and innovation to offer best in class treatments.
- The department provides treatment for people with neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s, stroke, epilepsy, diagnosis and treatment of paralytic disorders, sleep disorders, multidisciplinary assessment and management of multiple sclerosis, and headaches.
- The department is staffed leading panel of surgeons, doctors and nursing staff who offer cutting-edge diagnosis using the latest neuroimaging techniques.
Columbia Asia Hospital, Yeshwanthpur, Bengaluru
- Columbia Asia Referral Hospital – Yeshwanthpur is a comprehensive super specialty facility situated in the upscale Yeshwanthpur locality of Bangalore. The hospital was opened in July 2008 and is already considered among the best hospitals in India.
- This hospital is accredited by NABH and JCI
- The medical and support teams are highly qualified and have been trained in some of the best institutions in the world. The capabilities of the hospital include Cardiology, Orthopedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Pediatrics Surgery Ophthalmology, Neurology & Video EEG, Neurosurgery, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), ENT, Urology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology and Plastic Surgery. Bariatric Surgery, Andrology, Cardio Vascular Thoracic Surgery, Clinical Hematology, Endocrinology, Intensive care/Critical care, Medical & Surgical Oncology, Nephrology, Neonatalology, Pulmonology, Rheumatology & Pediatric Rheumotology, Vascular Surgery, Bone Marrow (BMT), Liver and Kidney Transplants are some areas of special expertise.
- The hospital has international standard infrastructure and follows globally benchmarked standards of medical, nursing and operating protocols making it the preferred healthcare destination for patients from around the world.
Columbia Asia Hospital, Whitefield, Bengaluru
- Columbia Asia Hospital – Whitefield is a comprehensive Super Specialty / Tertiary Care facility situated in Whitefield, the IT hub of Bangalore.
- The hospital is considered among the best hospitals in the city.
- The medical team is highly qualified and has been trained in some of the best institutions in the world. The capabilities of the hospital include Cardiology, Orthopedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, IVF, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Pediatrics Surgery Ophthalmology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Audiology, ENT, Urology, Medical & Surgical Gastroenterology, Dermatology, Dental and Plastic Surgery. Bariatric Surgery, Andrology, Cardio Vascular Thoracic Surgery (adult and pediatric), Clinical Hematology, Endocrinology, Intensive care/Critical care, (ICU, NICU, PICU), Medical & Surgical Oncology, Nephrology, Neonatalology, Pulmonology, Rheumatology & Pediatric Rheumatology, Renal Transplant and Vascular Surgery are areas of expertise.
- The hospital has International standard infrastructure and follows globally benchmarked standards of medical, nursing and operating protocols making it the preferred healthcare destination for patients from around the world.
Columbia Asia Hospital, Hebbal, Bengaluru
- Columbia Asia Hospital – Hebbal is a 90 bedded multi specialty facility situated in the northern part of Bangalore, on the way to the Bangalore International Airport.
- This hospital is accredited by NABH
- It was opened in July 2005 and was the first Columbia Asia hospital in India. This hospital caters to a wide range of clinical services varying from childbirth and orthopedics to complicated kidney surgeries.
- Columbia Asia Hospital – Hebbal has expertise in specialties such as Orthopedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Neurology, ENT, Urology, Gastroenterology, Dermatology and Plastic Surgery.
- Over the years, the hospital has been recognized for its clinical excellence and service standards and has also become the landmark destination for quality medical care.
- This facility is among the best hospitals in Bangalore and is also a preferred choice for International patients.
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru
- The BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals in Bengaluru is a state-of-the-art, NABH facility with expertise in multi-disciplinary tertiary specialties.
- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals is your trusted partner for all your healthcare needs.
- With over 500-beds, the hospital is one of the largest of its kind in Bengaluru and consists of 14-operation theatres, most advanced imaging facilities and has one of the largest liver ICUs in the country.
- The hospital caters to several key specialties including oncology, neurosurgery, liver diseases and various others. It brings advanced technologies that drive new and more effective treatments.
- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals caters to several overseas patients from around the world suffering from various disorders such as liver ailments, kidney failures, breast cancer, leukemia, neurological disorders amongst others.
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bengaluru enjoys an international repute as a center of excellence for advanced clinical care.
Spine Care And Ortho Care Hospital, Bengaluru
- Bangalore Spine Care is the first spine hospital in Bangalore to introduce a relatively new surgical technique namely “Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy”.
- Bangalore Spine Care also facilitates for microscopic discectomy in selected cases.
- There is no need to excise any bone or supporting ligaments as is necessary with traditional Spinal Surgery. Incision is very small; just about 7mm. Risk of root damage and dural puncture is very rare as it is done on a conscious patient.
- Traditional spine surgery called Laminectomy and discectomy which involves cutting of important supporting structures like spinous process, laminae, supra and inter spinous ligaments. Long term results are not uniformly good because of development of instability of spine resulting in constant unrelenting back pain.
- Bangalore Spine Care offers its services to the patients of vertebral fractures resulted due to a fall or due to road traffic accident.
- Kyphoplasty and Vertebroplasty the two relatively newer procedures which involves filling in of PMMA cement into fractured vertebra also is done at spine care Bangalore. This procedure is a boon for patients who sustain osteoporotic fracture as a result of ageing. This procedure can also be done for victims of vertebral malignancy (cancer) and cystic lesions of the vertebra.
- Bangalore Spine Care also provides various conservative approaches to treat back pain with the collaboration of physiotherapists, naturopaths and best spine surgeons.
- At Spine Care Bangalore emphasis is on diagnosing the exact etiology of back pain and treating according to the specific need. Treatment is targeted to the individual patients need and not generalized.
Apollo Hospital, Bengaluru
- The Apollo Institutes of Orthopedics enjoy the reputation of being one of the pioneering bone and joint centers in the country with a legacy of innovation and excellence.
- The Institutes are at the forefront in offering the latest in orthopedic treatments and orthopedic surgical advancements on par with the best centers in the world.
- Our Orthopedician trained at the top centers worldwide, bring with them the latest and best techniques and work in our facilities that have the latest cutting edge technology in terms of equipments, operating rooms, recovery areas and advanced Physical therapy facilities.
- We have dedicated & well equipped orthopedic surgery complexes with laminar flow & various modern equipment like image intensifier, operating microscope, computer navigation system, top of the line arthroscopy system etc.
Wockhardt Hospital, Bengaluru
- Wockhardt Hospitals Bangalore has become one of the first super specialty hospitals in South Asia to achieve accreditation from Joint Commission International (JCI), USA.
- If Bangalore has come to be known as Asia's preferred medical destination, then Wockhardt Hospital is the choice for Super-Specialty healthcare.
- As Bangalore earns the tag of a multi-dimensional healthcare city, Wockhardt Hospitals on Bannerghatta Road takes the big leap into a multi-disciplinary Super-Specialty healthcare provider.
- Today, this new facility is undoubtedly set to be a physical landmark in South Bangalore and a milestone in the medical map of Asia
Manipal Hospital, Bengaluru
- One of the most preferred and recognized healthcare facilities by pharmaceutical companies for drug trials, the group’s flagship hospital in Bangalore is NABH accredited and ranked amongst the Top 10 multispecialty hospitals in India.
- Manipal Hospitals has a special significance in the overall healthcare industry of India and particularly in South India. A social seed sown more than five decades ago is today the country’s third largest healthcare group with a network of 15 hospitals and three primary clinics providing comprehensive care that is both curative and preventive in nature for a wide variety of patients not just from India but also from across the globe.
- The ethos of Manipal Hospitals is its belief in the credo of its triad of core values namely "Clinical Excellence, Patient Centricity and Ethical Practices" which have led to it becoming one of the best and most trusted healthcare providers in the country today.
- At Manipal Hospitals, we are at the leading edge of technological advancements in the medical world. This, along with state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities, the finest minds in the country and a genuine desire for providing the best healthcare drives us to deliver path-breaking care for our patients on a day-to-day basis. From the smallest to the most complex medical problems, we pride ourselves in the way we deliver healthcare.
- With its flagship quaternary care facility located in the heart of Bangalore city, five tertiary care, nine secondary care and three primary care clinics across five states, today Manipal Hospitals successfully operates and manages 4,900 beds and caters to around 2 million customers from Indian and overseas every year.
Aster Hospital, Bengaluru
- Aster CMI is DM Healthcare’s Bangalore project and a continuum of its endeavor of creating world-class patient-centric hospital.
- Everything at Aster CMI is designed keeping in mind the comfort of our patients.
- Aster DM Healthcare group, having taken up the challenge of revamping the existing massive structure, launched a comprehensive super-specialty hospital with contemporary state-of-the-art facilities accommodating close to 509 beds.
- The serene environment, spacious interiors and advanced facilities create a positive ambience that is conducive to healing.
- The aesthetics are planned to welcome every individual in his time of sickness or not in sickness. Obstetrics, cosmetology, dentistry, executive health check etc. is delivered in a completely non-hospital environment with separate access.
Laminectomy surgery Relieved Patient from Spinal Stenosis Constant Pain
“Since several years I was suffering from the symptoms of spinal stenosis and my life had become a torment. Since I was hesitant to go for a surgery, I went all the conservative non surgical options but none of them gave a permanent cure. As the constant pain in the back and leg had impaired the quality of my life, I gave up and decided to go for surgery. However the cost of spinal surgery in USA is very high and I couldn’t afford it.” “Based upon his past treatment experience a family friend suggested me to go for spinal surgery in India under the assistance provided by Dr. Dheeraj Bhojwani consultancy . After doing research on my end, I was convinced to proceed with them.” “Upon my arrival in India, I was received with great hospitality by the experts of Dr. Dheeraj Bhojwani consultancy and everything from then was taken care of by them efficiently. Credits given to the network of this firm, I received the Laminectomy surgery in Bengaluru, India under the best surgeons of the country. I thank the entire team of professionals at Dr. Dheeraj Bhojwani consultancy as it is because of them that I can lead my former life without being conscious of my spine.”
Michael Archibald USA, Spinal Stenosis
- You can contact us and share your medical reports with us.
- Our International Patient Executive would connect with you and answer all that you need to plan your Laminectomy Surgery in Bengaluru, India.
- We would provide you with TOP RECOMMENDATIONS From Bengaluru, India and assist your with the surgery planning.
Who are the Top Laminectomy Surgeons in Bengaluru, India?
Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty
- MBBS, D Ortho, M.S. Ortho, FABMISS FAAMISS
- 24 years of Experience Spine Care & Ortho Care Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty of Bangalore Spine Care is a senior Spine Surgeon in Bangalore with over 24 years of experience as Spine surgeon, has conducted over thousands of major Orthopaedic Surgery and Spine Surgery.
- Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty was the head of Vijayashree Orthocare and Spine Care Hospital in Udupi. Now he has established his Spine Care Clinic and Research Center at Bangalore.
- • Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty of Bangalore Spine Care has received his M.S. Orthopedics from Mangalore University through Kasthuraba Medical College, Mangalore.
- Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty has worked as a foreign fellow at the World Famous Worriedly Spine Hospital in Seoul, South Korea in the year 2005-06.
- In this year of Long fellowship Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty was exposed to the most Advanced Percutaneous Endoscopic Spine Surgery and all other sort of Surgeries on the Spine.
- Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty was awarded fellow of American board of minimal invasive Spine Surgery and also the fellowship of royal College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty of Bangalore Spine Care has experience in Percutaneous endoscopic Spine Surgery, fusion procedures disc replacement procedure Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, etc.,
- Dr. Kodlady Surendra Shetty of Bangalore Spine Care is also well versed with non surgical pain relieving technique such as root block, Epidural Block, etc
Dr. Dilip Gopalkrishnan
- MBBS, D.Ortho, MS (Orthopedics)
- 25 years of Experience Apollo Hospital, Bengaluru
- He is instrumental in developing collaboration between orthopedic and Neurosurgeons to develop a comprehensive spine care team.
- Visiting clinical fellow at the University of Nottingham, Queens Medical centre, UK and at Pitie Sal Petriere Hospital attached to the University of Paris. Has also worked as a Professor before joining Apollo.
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) MBBS - Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore, 1976
- Diploma in Orthopedics - Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore, 1979
- MS - Orthopedics - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1982
Dr. Prof George A Anderson
- MBBS, DA (Ortho), MS (Ortho), MNAMS (Ortho), MCh (Ortho), PDFHS, FAMS, FIMSA, FACS (Ortho), FRCS
- 35 years of Experience Apollo Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Anderson provides through Apollo Hospitals Bangalore a wide array of skills and competencies for treating all Hand problems and Peripheral Nerve dysfunctions, reflecting the several decades of his specialist experience.
- Formerly, he was the lead Clinician and Head of the Hand Research unit (Dr Paul Brand Centre for HLRS- the 1st Hand Surgery centre in India) at CMC Hospital, Vellore.
- During the 30 years of continued service there he was a Professor for 18 years He had Trained, Worked and Qualified abroad on vital aspects of Hand problems and Peripheral Nerve dysfunctions.
Dr. Prof. K.N. Krishna
- MBBS, Mch (Neurosurgery)
- 30 years of Experience Apollo Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Prof. K N Krishna is a Neurosurgeon and Spine Surgeon in Jayanagar, Bangalore and has an experience of 30 years in these fields.
- Dr. Prof. K N Krishna practices at Apollo Hospital in Jayanagar, Bangalore. He completed MBBS from Government medical college, Mysore in 1981 and MCh - Neuro Surgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology, Trivandrum in 1987.
- He is a member of Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI), Congress of Neurological Surgeons, USA and Neurological Society of India.
- Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Pituitary Tumors, Memory Disorders, Epilepsy treatment, Sacral Nerve Stimulation and Vagal Nerve Stimulation etc.
Dr. Madhusudan H V
- MBBS, MCh
- 27 years of Experience BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr Madhusudan H V is a leading neurosurgeon of India with specialization in Neuro oncology, Gamma Knife Radiosurgery and Functional Neurosurgery.
- He has performed more than 6000 brain and spine surgeries till date with excellent outcomes.
- Dr Madhusudan finds his expertise in Minimal access neurosurgery, removing tumor of the brain and spine and device implantations.
- He is the first surgeon in Karnataka to perform the lumbar disc replacement as well as the Interspinous device implantation in 2006.
- With over 22 years of neurosurgical experience, Dr Madhusudan H V is an expert in micro neurosurgery, endoscopic neurosurgery and frameless navigation.
- He is also well trained in spinal surgeries and finds interest in minimal access spinal surgeries and spinal instrumentation. He is credit with the establishment of department of Neurosciences in Narayana Hrudalaya in Bangalore and headed the department for more than 2 years.
- Dr Madhusudan H V has made huge contributions towards neurosurgery and neurosciences in India. His dedication earned him the Fellowships of prestigious institutes in the medical world and he is counted upon the top neurosurgeons in the country.
- His work has been appreciated both in India and abroad and has earned him several awards and recognitions as well.
Dr Praveen K S
- MBBS, MS, DNB, MCh (NIMHANS), Fellowship in Spinal Surgery, Germany
- 10 years of Experience BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bengaluru
- Apart from excelling in the Academia by being a Topper in all qualifying examinations, he has also won many Gold medals and accolades all through his career including “Best Outgoing Student of The Year’’- NIMHANS 2007.
- Trained in one of the best Neuroscience Institutes in the country, Dr Praveen K S is an accomplished Neurosurgeon able to handle the entire spectrum of Brain and Spine disorders including Trauma, Oncology, Minimally Invasive Surgeries, Complex Instrumentation, Vascular and Pediatric Disorders.
- He has actively participated in and conducted many outpatient camps in various districts of Karnataka.
- His commitment to patient care, attention to detail and quality control of outcomes are a result of bringing latest techniques and Industry Best Practices into the parlance of clinical practice.
- He has attended various CMEs and National and International Conferences and has presented scientific papers on various neurosurgical topics.
- Having over 10 years’ experience in the field of Neurosurgery after qualifying, he has performed over 4000 neurosurgical procedures.
Dr. Rajakumar D V
- M.Ch (Neurosurgery), Fellowship in Skull Base Surgery
- 29 years of Experience Fortis Hospital, Bengaluru
- A Neurosurgeon with extensive experience, Dr. Deshpande V Rajakumar specialises in Minimal Access Surgeries of the Brain and Spine.
- Apart from being the first neurosurgeon in Bangalore to perform Pedicle Screw Fixation for spine injuries, Dr. Deshpande has been instrumental in developing a cadaver laboratory at the Harper Hospital, carrying out numerous dissections of the human skull and brain.
- Performing clinical research
- In addition to an illustrious track record of teaching at leading hospitals, his areas of interest include - Brain Tumours (including Skull Base Tumours), Cerebro-Vascular Diseases, and Spine.
- Actively involved in developing new Endoscopic approaches to brain and spine diseases, Dr. Deshpande has presented and published papers on the subject at the International Congress of Skull Base at San Diego.
Dr. Praharaj S S
- MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - Neurology, MCh - Neuro Surgery
- 30 years of Experience Fortis Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr S. S. Praharaj has over 20 years of experience as a consultant Neurosurgeon.
- He has performed over 6000 Neurosurgical Operations including Complex Cranial and Spinal Operations.
- In the course of his neurosurgical career, he has rendered invaluable service at institutes like All India Institute of Medical Sciences (A.I.I.M.S, New Delhi) and NIMHANS, Bangalore, in India and also abroad.
- He has performed Spine Surgery and Spinal Instrumentation of all kinds at NIMHANS, Bangalore and has also been a pioneer of Neuro-surgical Procedures such as Cervical Laminoplasty, Anterior Cervical Plate and Screw Fixation, Cervical Lateral Mass Fixation, Transthoracic Approaches and Fixations, Thoracolumbar Transpedicular Fixations, Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fixations, etc.
- He is an active member of various organizations such as Neurological Society of India, Neuro-otological Society India, and Asian Congress of Neurosurgeons.
- He has presented and published papers at national and international levels and been awarded many times.
- He was also chosen as the “Neurosurgical Update for Young Neurosurgeons of Asia” at Osaka, Japan, 1998.
Dr. Shibu Vasudevan Pillai
- MBBS, MCh, Fellowship (Pediatric Neurosurgery), Fellowship (Neurotrauma)
- 18 years of Experience Mazumdar Shaw Medical Center, Bengaluru
- Dr. Shibu Vasudevan Pillai is a Senior Consultant at the department of Neurosurgery in Mazumder Shaw Medical Centre, Bangalore.
- He is a well known pediatric neurosurgeon in Bangalore and provides services for a wide range of neurological diseases and disorders.
- He finds interest in pediatric neurosurgery and neurosurgery in general that includes deep brain stimulation surgery, spine surgery, brain trauma surgery, surgery for brain tumor, brain lesions and severe diffuse head and brain injuries.
- He was an observer at the Centre for Image Guided Neurosurgery in USA where he attended a course on the principles and practices of Gamma Knife Radiosurgery.
- He is highly trained in the management of pediatric patients with severe neurological disorders and has performed a large number of pediatric neurosurgeries in his career.
- Having an extensive experience of close to two decades, Dr. Shibu Pillai has a large number of publications to his credit.
- His papers involve studies based on severe traumatic brain injuries, cerebeller abscess in pediatric patients, infant brain tumors and intra cranial tumors, intra cerebral hemorrhage, post concussion syndrome, etc.
- He also provides services for cerebral perfusion pressure management in case of severe diffuse head injury, post head injury syndrome and intensive care management of patients suffering from head injuries.
- An esteemed member of various medical societies, Dr. Shibu Vasudevan Pillai has presented papers and posters in a number of national and international conferences and scientific meetings.
- Along with his practice he also takes out the time to teach and train young surgeons in the field of neurosurgery. His works have been appreciated by his peers and colleagues and he also received several awards and appreciation for his contributions towards the field of neurology and neurosurgery.
- He regularly conducts workshops and CMEs and shares his experience and knowledge with aspiring neurosurgeons.
Dr. Anand V K
- MBBS, MS- General surgery (PGI Chandigarh), MCh - Neuro Surgery
- 18 years of Experience Apollo Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Anand V K is a well known neurologist in Bangalore currently working as a Consultant at Narayana Multi Specialty Hospital.
- Having trained under some of the best neurologists in India, he has acquired high skills and expertise and has handled some of the most complex cases in his career with successful outcomes.
- His main expertise lies in spinal surgeries and also performs surgeries related to brain tumor, deep brain stimulation and is trained to perform micro neurosurgery as well.
- Dr. Anand V K comes with an experience of close to a decade in the field of neurosurgery.
- He completed his academics from the best institutions in the country and holds a super specialization in neurosurgery.
- In a short span of his career he has achieved immense knowledge and experience and has worked towards being one of the leading neurosurgeons in Bangalore.
Dr. Arjun Shrivasta
- MBBS, DNB( Neurosurgery)
- 27 years of Experience Columbia Asia Hospital, Bengaluru
- With a solid experience in Bangalore for 20 years and 7500 Surgeries under the belt, which brought him into the forefront of minimally invasive surgery a decade ago?
- Bangalore is now at par with the best of spinal centers around the world.
- • Dr. Arjun has been trained in newer technologies including artificial disc replacements, endoscopic disc surgery. Minimal invasive tumor excision.
- To add to this, he is well trained in all microscopic brain surgeries and functional neurosurgery for Parkinson’s disease, spasticity, and urinary incontinence.
- At the Columbia Asia Hospitals, patients are given world-class treatment on par with Hospital in the western world.
- An ideal place for spinal surgery in Bangalore.
- Presently senior consultant Neuro-Surgeon & Spine Surgery at the Columbia Asia Hospitals was earlier Chief of Medical services at Sakra Hospital.
Dr. Swaroop Gopal
- MBBS, MCh - Neuro Surgery, Fellowship in Interventional Neurosurgery (FINR)
- 26 years of Experience Sakra World Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Swaroop Gopal is Senior Consultant and Head of Neurosurgery associated with Sakra World Hospital.
- With 20 years of Neurosurgical experience, he has performed over 15000 surgeries for both brain and spine problems.
- Dr.Swaroop specializes in Vascular Neurosurgery, Endovascular Neurosurgery, Neuro-Oncology and Neuro-Endoscopy. He has the Special interest in surgery for stroke prevention.
- Dr.Swaroop is a Gold Medalist from NIMHANS, has done fellowship from International Cancer Research Foundation (UK) and has completed Endovascular Training from the USA.
- He has performed the first Brain-bypass procedure in Karnataka state and the first Trans - Radial Aneurysm coiling procedure in the state.
- Dr.Swaroop is an experienced clinical investigator and has been Primary and Co-Investigator in several International and National trials.
- Dr. Swaroop Gopal has more than 100 publications and presentations in both international and national journals.
Dr. Arun L Naik
- MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Neuro Surgery
- 18 years of Experience Apollo Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Arun L Naik works as a Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon and Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore, India.
- He completed his MBBS from Karnataka University. He was trained in Neurosurgery from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Dr. Arun has set up neurosurgery departments in various Private hospitals like BGS Global Hospitals, Hosmat Hospitals and Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences at Bangalore.
- He is practicing in the city for last 17 years.
- He was the first neurosurgeon to perform the Neuronavigation surgery using the Second Generation Neuronavigator tool in the country in 2001.
- He has also designed a specialized hand instruments for treatment in Neurosurgery.
- Dr. Arun is backed by an eminent team of neurosurgeons and spine surgeons and together they have performed thousands of complex brain, spine and nerve surgeries.
- He is adept at managing Brain Tumors, Pediatric brain tumors, Pediatric spine diseases, Parkinson's disease, Pituitary adenomas and complex spine problems.
Dr. N. K. Venkataramana
- MBBS, M.CH (NEUROSURGERY)
- 30 years of Experience BGS Global Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr N K Venkataramana is an internationally acclaimed neurosurgeon, researcher and academician. After training in micro neurology at Nordtstud Krankenhause in Hanover, Germany, he served as assistant professor in neurosurgery at the Bangalore-based National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS).
- Later he founded the Manipal Institute for Neurological Disorders (MIND) at the Manipal Hospital in Bangalore and turned it into a leading facility.
- Alongside he pioneered 1062, the country’s first GPS-enabled mobile trauma care service.
- Then Dr Venkataramana served as Vice Chairman of the Bangalore-based BGS Global Hospitals and Chief Neurosurgeon at the Global Institute of Neurosciences (BGS-GIN).
- The doctor has published more than a 100 papers in reputed journals, performed more than 25000 surgeries, participated and presided over many prestigious neurological conferences and delivered lectures and orations at national and international forums by invitation.
- A recipient of a number of prestigious awards and citations, Dr Venkataramana currently presides over the Indian Society for Paediatric Neurosurgery and is the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Cereberovascular Sciences.
- Previously he has been the President of the Indian Society for Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery and President, Neuroendoscopic Society-India.
- In late 2016, Dr Venkataramana founded his own boutique centre of excellence for comprehensive neuro care — the Bangalore Regenerative Advanced Institute of Neurosciences (Brains). Located at the Sparsh Hospital on Infantry Road, in the heart of Bangalore, Brains is setting the golden standards in neuroscience with cutting edge services encompassing prevention, awareness, advocacy, acute and chronic care, regeneration, rehabilitation and research and training. Among the centre’s primary focal areas is to infuse vitality to brain health.
Dr. Murali Mohan. S
- MBBS, DNB – Neurosurgery
- 9 years of Experience Sagar Hospitals & Synapse Neuro Clinics, Bengaluru
- Dr Murali Mohan S is a leading and famous Neurosurgeon, practicing in Bangalore. He specialises in Brain and Spine surgery. He heads Neurosurgical Services at SAGAR Hospitals and Synapse Neuro Clinics, Bangalore.
- He has performed over five thousand surgeries and has special interest in complex neurosurgical procedures such as brain tumor, head and neck junction (CV junction), skull base and spine surgery including scoliosis and deformities.
- Dr. Murali Mohan S is a senior consultant neurosurgeon from Bengaluru. Having completed his graduation from MS Ramaiah Medical College, RGUHS, He received his Neurosurgical training under Prof B Ramamurthi DSc (the father figure of Indian Neurosurgery) and team at the Post graduate Institute of Neurological Surgery, ALNC, VHS Hospital, Bengaluru.
- Dr. Murali gained further expertise in this field by working with renowned Neurosurgeons - Prof RM Varma, Dr. AS Hegde, Dr. Venkataramana NK and Spine Surgeon - Dr Thierry Marnay (Montpellier, France).
- Dr. Murali began his Neurosurgical career as a junior consultant at Columbia Asia Referral Hospitals, Bangalore. Later he setup the department of Neurosurgery at KIMS -Bollineni Hospitals, Rajahmundry.
- To pursue his academic interest, he joined as a faculty at MS Ramaiah Institute of Neurosciences, MS Ramaiah Medical College, where he trained undergraduate students and post graduate students from Neurosurgery and General surgery.
- His academic interest has led him to deliver seminars, attend various CME’s, workshops and conferences across India and abroad. He has authored several articles in national and international journals.
- He proposed the staging for skull base fungal granuloma which was well received at National conference and was later published. He has authored several Chapters’ in various textbooks of Neurosurgery and Endocrinology.
- Dr. Murali has performed over five thousand Neurosurgical procedures. His areas of interests are Brain tumors, CV Junction, Skull base surgeries and Spine Surgery.
- He has keen interest in complex spinal deformity surgeries including scoliosis. His attitude for research led to the development of a novel and indigenous Stereotactic apparatus - RADARC, an equipment used in complex neurosurgical procedures involving frame based navigation.
- Dr Murali is a member of several reputed organizations like the Indian Medical Association, Neurological Society of India and the Skull Base Surgery Society of India.
Dr. Satish Rudrappa
- MBBS, MCh - Neuro Surgery, Fellow in Spine Surgery, Fellow Microvascular Anaesthomosis. 22 years of Experience Sakra World Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Satish Rudrappa is one of the most eminent and distinguished Senior Neurosurgeons in India. He has done his M.B.B.S from Karnataka Medical College, Hubli in the year 1990.
- He completed M.Ch (Neurosurgery) at the prestigious National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) in the year 1995 where he was awarded gold medal for “Best Outgoing Student”.
- This was followed by a Fellowship in Complex Spine Surgery from Detroit Medical Centre, Detroit, Michigan, USA, and Thoracoscopic Spine training from Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, USA and a Fellowship of Microvascular Anastomosis at Henry Ford Hospital, USA.
- Dr. Satish was a visiting Prof. of Neurosurgery at Louisiana State University, Shreveport, USA, and has extensively worked and taught skull base surgical skills and cadaver dissection techniques.
- At present he is the Director of Institute of Neurosciences, Senior Consultant Neurosurgery & Head - Department of Spine Surgery at SAKRA WORLD HOSPITAL, BANGALORE.
- Has performed more than 6000 brain surgeries & 7500 complex spine surgeries. (Microsurgery), with an overall experience of more than 13500 procedures for Brain and Spine.
- He was the first person in India to perform Image Guided Spine and Brain Surgery.
- He has given more than 200 presentations in various medical forums at National & International levels and has multiple publications in the peer reviewed International Journals.
- He is the Trustee of 'Sukriya' an NGO that mainly offers medical help to the bread winners of the economically weaker sections suffering from curable illness. Various patients have availed benefit through this NGO since 2007.
Dr. N Chandrashekar
- MCh - Neuro Surgery, MBBS
- Dr. N Chandrashekar is a Neurosurgeon in HSR Layout, Bangalore and has an experience of 26 years in this field.
- Dr. N Chandrashekar practices at Chandini Neurosurgical Clinic in HSR Layout, Bangalore Chandrashekar Clinic in Koramangala, Bangalore and Sakra World Hospital in Bellandur, Bangalore.
- He completed MCh - Neuro Surgery from National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) in 1995 and MBBS from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore in 1986.
- He is a member of Neurological Society of India.
- Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Aortic Aneurysm Surgery / Endovascular Repair, Gamma-Knife Radiosurgery and Spine Surgery etc.
Dr. Shiva S Kupanur
- MBBS, DNB - Neurosurgery, Fellow in Spine Surgery
- 18 years of Experience Sparsh Super Specialty Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr Shivakumar S Kupanur is a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spine Surgeon & Head of dept. of Neurosurgery at Sparsh hospitals
- Dr Shivakumar has done his graduation (MBBS) from Mysore University. He was further crowned with DNB Neurosurgery after his extensive training at Manipal Institute for Neurological Disorder (MIND), Bangalore.
- Further, he underwent special training for vascular surgery and complex spine surgery.
- He served as consultant in BGS Global Hospital, Sagar Hospital and Manipal Hospital, subsequently he headed department in Sapthagiri Super Specialty Hospital Currently, he is working as Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spine Surgeon and heading the department at Sparsh Hospital Yeshwantpur, Infantry road and Neurotrauma centre at Sparsh AIMS, Bellur.
- Currently, he is working as Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spine Surgeon and heading the department at Sparsh Hospital Yeshwantpur, Infantry road and Neurotrauma centre at Sparsh AIMS, Bellur.
- Dr Shivakumar has more than 10 years of experience in the field of Neurosurgery.
- He has performed more than 3000 complex neurosurgical and spinal surgeries.
- He has special interest in Stereotactic and functional Neurosurgery.
- He has performed Awake Craniotomy surgeries for eloquent lesions, one of the challenging surgeries.
- He has a strong academic and research interest in the field of Neurosurgery and has presented and published many papers in different conferences, CME’s and journals.
- He has also conducted several clinical trials.
- He is a life member of NSI, BNS and Associate member of AANS, AO Spine.
Dr Paritosh Pandey
- MBBS,Endovascular Neurosurgery Detroit, USA Fellowship : Cerebrovascular and Skull Base Surgery, Stanford, USA -Consultant Neuro Sciences 15 years of Experience Manipal Hospitals, Bengaluru
- Dr. Paritosh Pandey persuaded MBBS Mch Fellowship : Endovascular Neurosurgery Detroit USA Fellowship : Cerebrovascular and Skull Base Surgery, Stanford, USA Field of expertise:
- One of the largest experiences in Brain Bypass surgeries in India One of the few neurosurgeons trained both in Open Vascular surgery and Interventional Neuroradiology.
- More than 75 peer reviewed publications in National and International journals Neurological Society of India Neurosurgical Society of India Karnataka Neurosciences Academy Bangalore Neurological Society Congress of Neurological Surgeons Cerebrovascular Society of India Indian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
Dr Balaji Pai
- MBBS, DNB – Neurology
- 25 years of Experience Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute, Bengaluru
- I was born in 1965 in Ernakulam district of Kerala. My father, Mr. L. Sanjeev Pai, retired as the General Manager of Canara Bank, My Mother, Mrs. Vasantha Kumari, is a house wife.
- I did my schooling in Kolkata and Bangalore. I completed my MBBS successfully (all examinations in single attempt in first division) from the Armed Forces Medical College Pune in Nov 1987.
- Subsequently I worked as an intern for 6 Months in king Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and the next 6 months in Bowring & Lady Curzon Hospital, Bangalore.
- I joined the direct 5 Year Neurosurgery DNBE Programme in Madras Medical College, Madras in 1989 and successfully completed the same in 1995 passing all the four examinations of the course in single attempt.
- Since then I was working in the Dept. of Neurosurgery at M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore and I held the post of Professor of Neurosurgery & HOD in charge of the same department.
- At presently I am the Professor and HOD of Neurosurgery at Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute.
- I am the special officer of trauma block of Victoria Hospital, Bangalore. This is a 220 bedded hospital block devoted to all kinds of trauma and emergency care. At present it is the biggest trauma care centre in India.
Dr. Umesh Srikantha
- MBBS, MCh - Neuro Surgery, Fellowship in Minimal Invasive Spine Surgery
- 10 years of Experience Aster CMI Hospital, Bengaluru
- Dr. Umesh Srikantha is a highly acclaimed neurosurgeon working as a Consultant and Head of spine services at Aster CMI Hospital.
- His areas of special interest are Minimally Invasive Spine surgery, Endoscopic Spine surgery, complex spine surgery, Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery and Neuro- oncology.
- He did his MBBS from Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubli, Karnataka followed by M.Ch training in Neurosurgery from National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore, Karnataka.
- After working as a general neurosurgeon for a few years, he developed an active interest in the field of spine surgery and further pursued his training by doing a Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery from South Korea.
- Apart from attending various training programs on MIS in the early days of his career, he is also trained in stereotactic and functional neurosurgery and neuro-oncology.
- He has been a part of several research projects on brain tumours as well.
- An ever enthusiastic professional, he has participated in various programs, attended a number of national and international conferences and has several publications to his credit.
- He has conducted several workshops and has trained several surgeons from across the country in minimally invasive spine surgery.
Please consult us to get FREE Quotes, Opinions from TOP Hospitals and BEST Surgeons in Bengaluru, India for Laminectomy Surgery.
CLICK HERE to get a “No Obligation Quote”