Apollo Hospitals, Chennai was the first hospital to be established by the Apollo Group in 1983. Today it is one of the most respected hospitals in the world, specialising in cutting-edge medical procedures. It has over 60 departments spearheaded by award-winning doctors who are skillfully supported by dedicated patient-care personnel.
The hospital has pioneered many revolutionary procedures and technologies in India such as:
- Total Knee Replacement
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Procedure
- Liver, multi-organ and cord blood transplants
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery
Apollo Hospitals, Chennai is the first Indian hospital to be awarded the 1S0 9002 and ISO 14001 Certifications. It is also the first hospital in South India to get accreditation from the Joint Commission International USA. The Government of India has recognized the Apollo Group of Hospitals as a 'Centre of Excellence'.
This prestigious award has been conferred upon Apollo for its dedication to providing healthcare of uncompromising quality driven by exceptional medical professionals and superior technology.
- Established as the first corporate hospital in Chennai (Madras) in 1983
- Declared as a 'Centre of Excellence' by the Government of India
- Rated as the "Best Private Sector Hospital in India" by The Week magazine
- 27,000 heart surgeries with a success rate of 99.6%, on par with global standards
- A 70% success rate in Bone Marrow Transplant
- First hospital in India to perform Total Knee Replacement and the Illizarov Procedure
- First Indian hospital to introduce newer techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for CNS tumors)
- First to perform liver, multi-organ and cord blood transplants in India
^ Back to top
| FACILITIES FOR ADMITTED PATIENTS
The Dietitian plans the diet based on the therapeutic needs.
GUEST DINING HALL
The Guest dining hall is situated in the basement, where breakfast, lunch and dinner are available. Room service is also available. A 24 hours coffee shop is situated at the ground floor.
Guest Laundry service is available between 9:30AM to 12.00Noon
Safe deposit lockers are available at the security office. In case of theft or loss, security may be notified immediately. Unclaimed items, found in the hospital premises, may also be handed over to security office at the ground floor.
Ambulance services are available for pick up and drop. Please contact ambulance department at the ground floor (Near Emergency).
Special nurse services can be arranged through Nursing Department. Please contact your ward nurse for assistance.
PLACE OF WORSHIP
There is a Hindu temple in the hospital premises, a Namaz room available on the third floor in the main block and a Prayer cell located on the fourth Floor, Sindoori Block.
Postal facility is available at the Despatch Section at the Basement.
A 24 hours STD/ ISD facility is available in the ground floor near the main reception area. Internet, fax and e-mail facilities are available at the IT department on the third floor. Pay phones are located on all the floors.
For your convenience, hospital telephones are located at your bedside. Dial 9 for operator assistance/ STD/ ISD.
Television sets are provided for three bedded rooms & General bed category on request (on payment).
For any travel requirements contact the Travel Desk in the Main Lobby.
For guidance on any aspect of the hospital, please contact this department located at the second floor. We would appreciate if you give your suggestions / feedback by filling up the feedback form.
INTERNATIONAL PATIENT SERVICES
This department ,located on the fourth floor of the Main block, provides coordination and assistance to our international patients.
Translators or Interpreters for various languages are available for your easy communication.
The Apollo Cafe is located on the ground floor of the main block.
BANK & ATM
The Indian Overseas Bank has an extension counter on the fourth floor of the main block. ATM counters of the HDFC bank and the Indian Overseas Bank are located near the Gate, Atrium wing respectively.
Guesthouses and Hotels are available near the hospital. The details & information about the type of accommodation may be obtained from the 'May I Help You' Counter, located in the Main Lobby.
Apollo Hospitals became a pioneer yet again in helping people to maintain physical, mental and emotional wellbeing by launching the first Wellness Centre at the Apollo hospitals Chennai in Feb 2005.
Apollo Hospitals dedicates Wellness plus to every person who aspires to experience the joy of Total Wellness .
Wellness Plus is truly unique because
- It is a perfect blend of modern and complementary medicine –the latest medical techniques combined with ancient healing methods like Aroma therapy, Pranic Healing, Yoga, and Meditation.
- It is completely authentic and scientific.
- Offers complete solutions for lifestyle modification ranging from prevention of disease, control of disease symptoms and anti- ageing solutions.