Gynecologist and In vitro Fertilisation Specialist (IVF), Mumbai
Dr. Hrishikesh D. Pai MD, FCPS, FICOG, has been in the field of IVF since 12 years. He did his one year fellowship in Reproductive Biology from the University of Melbourne Australia, in 1989. He is the scientific director of Two IVF units in Mumbai- 'The Babies & Us' Fertility and 'The Advanced Fertility Centre' .He is one of the pioneers in the field of Micromanipulation in India. His was the third unit in India to have started the procedure of Micromanipulation-ICSI in 1996 in Mumbai.He has received training in Preimplantation genetics at the two leading institutes in the world-the Verlinsky unit in Chicago & the Az Vub in Brussels.His unit was the third unit in India to have started Preimplantation genetics diagnosis in 1998.
He has also been instrumental in establishing the first Assisted Laser Hatching Unit in India. The unit has delivered one of the first few laser hatched twins in India in the year 1999. He has helped to start many IVF units all over India.
He is the Hon. professor at the D. Y. Patil Medical College, University of Mumbai. This is one of the best private Medical schools in the country Dr. Pai's unit is a teaching unit for both undergraduate & postgraduate medical students.
Dr. Pai is the administrator of Pearl Family Welfare Hospital, which is one of the leading Family planning Hospitals in the country. This hospital was started by his father Dr. D. N. Pai, a leading thinker, freedom fighter, professor & Padma Shri(1973). The Pearl Hospital has performed yeomen service in the field of Family planning in India. This hospital is run by Dr. Pai's wife Dr. Rishma Pai (herslf a leading consultant Gynecologist, attached to Jaslok Hospital) & Five other Gynecologist.
He is the Secretary of the Indian association Of Gynecological Endoscopists.This is the premier body of all the advanced Gynecological endoscopists ,who perform Laparoscopy & hysteroscopy.
Research Fellow in Reproductive Biology, Royal Womens' Hospital, Melbourne, Australia. One Year 1989-1990. Here he received his basic training in IVF which extended over a period of one year.
Delegate, Workshop on Advanced Hysteroscopic Surgery, Royal Womens' Hospital, Melbourne, Australia, 1990
Clinical Observer, National University Hospital, Singapore, 1990
Delegate, Campus Workshop on Advanced ART & Micromanipulation, ESHREE & Az Vub Dutch speaking Free Hospital, Belgium,1995.
Participant Genetic workshop Annual Conference of the European society of Human Reproduction, Vienna,Austria,2002.
Delegate Advanced workshop on Culture & Propagation of Embryonic stem cells conducted by the Wicell Research Institute, Madison, USA ,2003
Clinical Observer in Diagnostic & Operative outpatient office hysteroscopy at the Department of Gynecology,University of Bari, Italy, 2003.
Participant Stem cell workshop, Annual Conference of the European society of Human Reproduction, Madrid, Spain, 2003.
MEMBERSHIP AND AFFILIATION
- Trustee, Health Promotion Society - Main activity Family Planning
- Member, Indian Health Organisation - Main activity AIDS Prevention
- Scientific Director - Babies & Us Fertility, IVF & ICSI Centre.An ART unit being run for the past 10 years
- Scientific Director - Babies & Us Fertility, IVF & ICSI Centre,Lilavati Hospital
- Medical Director - Pearl Family Welfare Hospital, Mumbai
- Chairman genetics & Fetal Medicine committee FOGSI 2002 to 2006
- Secretary Indian association of Gynecological Endoscopists
- Librarian Mumbai Obstetrics & Gynecological Society
- Member Governing Council Indian College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
- Laboratory Expertise
- Book on Trans Vaginal Sonography in Infertility
- Manual of Food & Drugs & Medicosurgical Equipment Committee, FOGSI
- Book on Advanced Infertility Management(FOGSI)
- Book on Optimising IVF Results(FOGSI).
- Manual on Intrauterine Insemination ( MOGS): Editor & contributor
- Book on Reproductive Endocrinology : A clinical approach 2nd edition FOGSI
- Manual on Genetics & Fetal Medicine: Editor & contributor.